INSTRUCTIONS:

To find K40 conversion information use the "INDEX", "SEARCH" or "LABELS" sections in the sidebar.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Moisture sensor

This is an inaugural post to help me get set up for more fun things to come.


Below are a set of pictures from my plant watering experiment.
I eventually plan to connect this into the "internet of things" (IoT) for purposes of automating the management of plants.

The electronics were found on Amazon and mounted to a piece of acrylic.
The battery box was 3D printed on my UP+. Perhaps I will do a separate post on that technique.
A momentary switch was added. Push that switch to take a reading, this reduces battery usage.

The red light lights when the soil is wetter than the set-point not the reverse as the meager specs suggest. The sensor can be found  here Moisture sensor.