INSTRUCTIONS:

Check out the new MoBeam posts! To find K40 conversion information use the "INDEX", "SEARCH" or "LABELS" sections in the sidebar.

Friday, July 1, 2016

K40-S Motors

Background

Identifying motors in my K40-S as part of my conversion

The  K40-S BUILD INDEX with schematics

Donate:

Please consider donating (button to the right of this post).
Your donations help fund additional research, tools and parts that I will return to the community as information and how-to's. 

What steppers are in my machine?

Y stepper: 17HM4410N-03AD-Z
X stepper:17HM3448N-15AD

K40 X stepper in my K40.
Motor specs

+Frederick Deryckere  over @ man made mahem found the vendor and specs for the motor.

From his blog: "After a while though I got lucky and stumbled upon the website of the original manufacturer of the motor: http://www.baolongmotor.com. In the end, the ‘dragon’ logo was a dead giveaway. I contacted their support team, and they proved surprisingly helpful. Below is the spec sheet they sent to me, accompanied by the sheet of the replacement motor I bought (not from them ;-)). Seems close enough to me."

Y motor: 

Vendor; Spec sheet, Mech Drawing



X Motor

Others I know of

NEMA 1742BYGHW609



Series
Model

Step
Angle
(°)

Motor
Length
(mm)

Rated
Current
(A)

Phase
Resistance
(ohm)

Phase
Inductance
(mH)

Detent
Torque
(N.cm Max)
Holding Torque
(N.cm min)

Lead
Wire
(No.)

Motor
Weight
(g)
17HW3448N-21AD0.9340.4820250.8254450

Motor Replacements

I have not used these motors but collected the links from others who have.

Pictures of K40 tension adjustment assy:


3 comments: