INSTRUCTIONS:

Check out the new MoBeam posts! To find K40 conversion information use the "INDEX", "SEARCH" or "LABELS" sections in the sidebar.

Saturday, October 30, 2021

MoBeam: Positional Accuracy

Movement Scale

I found that the X & Y movement was 1/2 of what it should be. In other words when I told it to move 50mm it moved 25. I found this using the arrow keys in VigoWorks.

I changed the steps/mm from 80 to 160.
The preset value when this model is selected is 80.
Yet the manual says 160 in a picture of the settings.
I set the steps to 160 and it now scales correctly.
I am concluding the presets are wrong!

Settings in manual 

Settings when L7X model is selected

Settings I changed

----------
Enjoy,

Comments are always welcome.

Please, consider using the donate button on the sidebar if you found this post valuable!
Don

No comments:

Post a Comment